Monday, June 19, 2017

“Women’s Rally, Greenville, SC January 21, 2017” by Denny Webster


“Women’s Rally, Greenville, SC January 21, 2017” by Denny Webster

This is one in a series of posts featuring an artist whose work is included in the Threads of Resistance exhibition.
 
Artist’s Statement: 
As a relatively new transplant to this deeply Red State, I feared I might be the only one to join the local “march” to demonstrate Resistance to the beginning of the Trump administration. The clouds gave way to heavy rain, but my heart lifted at the sight of all of the “hidden” resisters who poured into Falls Park that day. After more than 50 years of work related to the Women’s Movement, I remembered I am not alone.

Hear a message from Denny about her piece below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may not appear immediately, because they will be moderated before being posted. We will not post any rude, insulting or uncivil comments, or any anonymous comments.