Wednesday, June 21, 2017

“A Day to Remember” by Emily Robertson


“A Day to Remember” by Emily Robertson

This is one in a series of posts featuring an artist whose work is included in the Threads of Resistance exhibition.
 
Artist’s Statement: 
As soon as I knew there was going to be a march, I knew I needed to be there and be a part of it. The day was one of the most memorable days of my life. We were more than 500,000 in number and all of one accord, to protest the threats against our rights as women and as citizens of this country. I wanted to portray the magnitude of the crowd, the solemnity of the issues, and the congeniality of the crowd.

Hear a message from Emily about her piece below:

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding. What a tribute to everyone who was there in Washington, DC

    ReplyDelete

Comments may not appear immediately, because they will be moderated before being posted. We will not post any rude, insulting or uncivil comments, or any anonymous comments.