Thursday, June 29, 2017

Resist Tyranny by Leslie Tucker Jenison


“Resist Tyranny” by Leslie Tucker Jenison


This is one in a series of posts featuring an artist whose work is included in the Threads of Resistance exhibition.

Artist’s Statement: 
The mantra “Resist” has been a constant in my thoughts during and since the 2016 election cycle. How can we be the best citizens in this advanced democracy? How can we respectfully disagree? The idea of peaceful resistance, vigilance and advocacy are at the forefront of my thoughts and actions. As a proud citizen of this country I view it as my responsibility to monitor my elected officials and resist the potential for tyrannical governance.

Hear a message from Leslie about her piece below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may not appear immediately, because they will be moderated before being posted. We will not post any rude, insulting or uncivil comments, or any anonymous comments.