Sunday, June 11, 2017

“I Pledge” by Sara Kelly


“I Pledge” by Sara Kelly

This is one in a series of posts featuring an artist whose work is included in the Threads of Resistance exhibition.
 
Artist’s Statement:
It makes me very uncomfortable, under the Trump administration, to recite the standard Pledge of Allegiance. Instead I wish to pledge resistance to the immorality, deceit, and divisiveness – and vigilance to recognize and protest wrongs whenever I can.

Hear a message from Sara about her piece below:

1 comment:

  1. I have long balked at the phrase "with liberty and justice for all" (going back to my high school years in the 1970s). Sara's solution to the formulaic words of the pledge is inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Comments may not appear immediately, because they will be moderated before being posted. We will not post any rude, insulting or uncivil comments, or any anonymous comments.