Friday, June 9, 2017

“Nevertheless, She Persisted” by Dawn Allen


Nevertheless, She Persisted by Dawn Allen

This is one in a series of posts featuring an artist whose work is included in the Threads of Resistance.

Artist’s Statement:

My senator from my home state of Massachusetts, Elizabeth Warren, was reading a letter on the senate floor when she was silenced by Sen. Mitch McConnell. She was asked to leave and in that moment, I felt like I had been left without representation. I called my father in a panic, “Is this the beginning of the end?” When asked about the incident by a reporter, Mitch McConnell stated, “She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.” That quote was in an odd way so encouraging. I am represented by a woman who persists!

Hear a message from Dawn about her piece below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may not appear immediately, because they will be moderated before being posted. We will not post any rude, insulting or uncivil comments, or any anonymous comments.